Sunday, September 5, 2010

Kisses in the Wind

When we were talking to some dear friends one night about our adoption. They were asking us how old we thought our child would be when we got them. Our response was probably 3 or older. There response, "That means your baby is already born!". We had not even had this thought. Before this moment we had been praying for a child to adopt, but now we pray for our child as they wait on us to complete this process! They are already here and waiting on us! The word's below are ones that I visit very often and pray that our child's heart is in some way full knowing that they are soon to have a forever home.

KISSES IN THE WIND (The Waiting Child's Lullabye)
I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.
I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.
Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.
Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

No comments:

Post a Comment