Friday, October 8, 2010

Opportunities

Each day of our adoption journey God continues to amaze me with the lessons and opportunities He provides us. A few weeks back our social worker asked us to keep 3 little boys. These weren't just 3 regular little boys but 3 who were adopted from Ukraine just 4 months ago. This was quite special because it was an opportunity to get a little glimse as to what our child "is" like. It got even more interesting when the social worker told us they only live about 1 mile from us! Yes, they live out in Coaling! I run past their house several times a week. It was a blessing that we never thought possible. Since the moment we met them I think we both know a lot has changed in us. It was kind of like a light at the end of the tunnel to see what we are really working toward. It's so hard sometimes to know and actually realize the end result is a "CHILD". Many times I get so wrapped up in the paperwork and waiting game it seems like it is going to take forever. I've known from the very start of this process God is no doubt going to teach me patience throughout this process. I guess He knew it was going to take something major for my thick-head to ever learn to wait! I just love how along this journey He is placing in our lives connections that are going to help us for a lifetime but for now are providing us motivation along the way!
Tonight we are getting the opportunity again to spend some time with these special little guys and it is a blessing. I love seeing how awesome a father Tyler is going to be. Seriously, I had to call Tyler down more than the boys! The boys were still eating supper and Tyler was already getting out the football to play. This of course ruined supper! God provided in Tyler a real ability with children and he is going to be a fantastic Christian Father. I love seeing how excited he is getting about having a little one of his own.
As I read these kiddos a book before tucking them into bed it really made it all so clear to me how I am going to get to do this every night one day. They are so sweet and loving and I just can't wait for them to meet our "child" someday. I know God gave us this family for a very special reason. They have already been such a blessing in our lives.
I just have to say once again God amazes me with not only these opportunites but also the blessings of people around us. I shared that we were going to keep these 3 boys for some time this weekend with my coworkers and a friend today and to my amazement these people were more that helpful. Of course, I have no toys for little boys to play with and a friend who has 2 boys knew I wasn't going to make it long with that! She shows up at my house with a van load of toys, air mattress, and nessecities! The boys were so excited. They were helping her unload and playing with everything as they went.

God, Thank you for these opportunites and faithful friends who you continue to put in our journey. We know you have had this planned quite some time and now its our turn to let it all play out. You never cease to amaze me even when I don't understand everything quite so well! It's so hard sometimes to not know what's gonna happen next but comforting to know that You are in control. Thank you for giving us this family who we are going to learn so much from and for our friends who prove to be so helpful in everything we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment